The Grouper Grapple Offshore Fishing Tournament was founded in 2013 as a way to give back to the
community and show support to veterans that have served our country.
The tournament teams up with Reunite The Fight to sponsor a group of Military Veterans and provide each one with the opportunity to experience fishing freedom on the water!
This year the event will benefit the Jeff Sommer Memorial Scholarship Fund and Reunite The Fight.
The Captains meeting will be held on Thursday night, July 19th at 6:30 pm. at Fish-Tale Restaurant in Santini Plaza on Ft. Myers Beach. At least one angler from each team MUST attend the Captain’s Meeting.
• There will be a shotgun start from San Carlos Pass at 6:30am under the Matanzas Bridge. Teams will be required to check in with Official Tournament Boat between 6:00 am and 6:25 am prior to the shotgun start.
• Boats must return to Fish-Tale Restaurant by 6:00 pm on Friday August 20th. The weigh station will be located in front of the Fish-Tale Restaurant. The Weigh Station will open at 4:00PM for any teams returning early, but ALL boats must be within sight of tournament officials in order to qualify no later than 6:00pm. and all fish must be brought in by boat.
The Tournament consists of two categories: Grouper and Snapper.
• Only specified Grouper (Gag, Red, and Scamp) will be eligible for 1st through 3rd places.
• 1st through 3rd place will be awarded for the largest of each species of grouper by weight i.e. Gag, Red, Scamp. All Grouper will be weighed individually. Teams may weigh more than one fish per species, but only the heaviest Grouper (Gag, Red or Scamp) will count for the teams. All other Grouper species including Black, Warsaw; etc. will only be admitted for the big fish Calcutta prize they will not count towards 1st through 3rd.
• Only specified Snapper (Mangrove, Mutton, and Lane) will be eligible for 1st through 3rd places.
• 1st through 3rd place will be awarded for the largest of each species of snapper by weight i.e. Marygrove, Mutton, and Lane. All snapper will be weighed individually. Teams may weigh more than one fish per species, but only the heaviest snapper (Mangrove and Lane) will count for the teams.
• Tournament Grouper and Snapper must be measured according to all FWC regulations as of 8/19/21. It is the responsibility of the angler to know the regulations. If you have questions visit www.myfwc.com for more information. Any fish brought to the weigh station that does not meet the current laws will be disqualified.
• Any fish weighed and entered in by tournament officials become the property of The Grouper Grapple Offshore Fishing Tournament. These fish are being served at the awards ceremony. If you weigh more than 3 Grouper or 3 Snapper, you may keep the Grouper not counted towards “total weight.”
• All fish must be caught on rod and reel, hook and line. No electric or hydraulic reels, no spear fishing or explosives.
For complete rules for the 2021 tournament, registration information and sponsorship opportunities, go to : https://groupergrapple.com/
Thursday, August 19th: Captain's Meeting at 6:30pm
Friday, August 20th: Fishing Day 6:60 am- 6pm
Saturday, August 21st: Awards and Festivities 6pm at Fish Tale Restaurant
Pre Registration: Team Entry Fee...$600 and includes 5 Anglers who will receive Tunaskin Tournament Shirts. Additional Angler fee is $100. Additional Guests for the Saturday Reception is $25 for Adults and $15 for Youth. Additions can be added on at the end of the online Registration Form. Pre Registration deadline is August 6, 2021
Registration fee starting August 7, 2021 will be $675 includes all of above but Tunaskin shirts with registration are not guaranteed.
To Register your team, go to : https://groupergrapple.com/
click on 'Register Team', then click on Tickets,
be prepared to enter the contact information for the Captain and each Angler, including Name, Phone, Email, Shirt Size etc. If you will not have 5 anglers, put N/A in that section of the form. Registration has a time limit of 45 minutes so please have all your information together before starting the form.
The 2021 Grouper Grapple Fishing Tournament is presented by Tunaskin and Florida Structural Group and hosted by Fish Tale Marina and Fish Tale Restaurant on Fort Myers Beach!
some previous years tourneys pics