You can learn a lot about someone’s political beliefs by studying the things they consider absurd.
• “The Daily Wire” noticed an apparent contradiction in logic when comparing Elizabeth Warren’s feelings about two unrelated issues. She often states that banning semi-automatic firearms will be effective. That’s often followed by her assuring us that banning abortion does not work because people can still get abortions on the black market.
• The Cambridge, Massachusetts city council has decided to prohibit their police officers from arresting illegal aliens for driving a vehicle without a license. Their reason? “We need to protect our community members from a federal government that’s out of control.” They will be issuing a summons to court. And you know what will happen then? Nothing.
• What do Libya, Venezuela, Somalia, Bangladesh, Nigeria, Afghanistan, and Mexico have in common? They are all members of the United Nations Human Rights Council. Is it any wonder Israel receives about as many civil rights condemnations as all other nations combined? Countries receiving only minor attention include Syria, South Sudan, Myanmar, Iran, and North Korea.
• “The only patriot on the Right……to me is Romney. He’s the only one who stuck his neck out. The rest of them are trash.” – “The View’s” Joy Behar
• Barack Obama finally couldn’t hold back his disdain over Trump being given credit for the strong economy: “Eleven years ago……near the bottom of the worst recession in generations, I signed the Recovery Act, paving the way for more than a decade of economic growth and the longest streak of job creation in American history.”
• “Legalize all the DACA students. These DACA students are more American than most Americans are.” – Joe Biden
• “……the private insurance in America [is] the eighth leading cause of death in the country.” – former Bernie Sanders campaign manager Jeff Weaver
• “The Daily Signal” reports that Conservative lawmakers are being labeled as interventionists who suddenly want to get involved in people’s personal lives. They are reacting to the fact that it’s becoming more common for doctors to prescribe hormones or perform related surgeries for minors.
• “The Daily Signal” also reported that the AMA and the American Academy of Child and Adolescent psychiatry have come out in favor of surgery and hormone transitions for children struggling with gender dysphoria. I understand from several sources that there’s little evidence either for or against medical transitions for either adults or youth.
• “Trans women are women. Trans men are men. Non-binary people are non-binary. All gender identities are valid.” Those are the words of London Mayor Sadiq Khan. I hope I’m not alone wondering what value can possibly come from officially endorsing inherently foolish and chaotic theories such as these.
• “It’s one thing to deplore eugenics on ideological, political, moral grounds. It’s quite another to conclude that it wouldn’t work in practice. Of course it would. It works for cows, horses, pigs, dogs and roses. Why on earth wouldn’t it work for humans? Facts ignore ideology.” – Richard Dawkins, ethologist, evolutionary biologist, former Oxford professor, and atheist.
• “We’re not going to take our options off the table.” That’s what Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-Cal) said in response to a question whether they might consider a new impeachment for Trump’s statements about Roger Stone’s legal situation and conviction.
• How about AG William Barr? What are the Democrats saying about him? Elizabeth Warren says that “What Barr has done [re: Roger Stone sentence recommendation] should mean that we are demanding a resignation. And if that guy won’t resign, then the House should start impeachment proceedings against him.”
• Joe Biden exudes confidence: “I refuse to suggest any Democrat can lose. I think we could run Mickey Mouse against this president and have a shot.”
• Michael Bloomberg was quoted as saying California is a model for the rest of the nation. I presume he was talking about their immigration policy.
So, what are you learning about me?
Note – I’ve been asked where to find these tidbits of absurdity. I’ve found them in many places of course, and I try to “multi-source” as many quotes as I have time for. One place you can find this type of information is in “The Patriot Post” which regularly publishes “Short Cuts.”